Sunday, April 10, 2011

Updated Reading List

Currently, I'm focused on two books. One is "The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer" by Suddhartha Mukherjee. I'm about half way into it but I give it high marks. Mukherjee does a great job is describing the history of this disease and the twists and turns of medical research of the last 200 years.

The other book is one I've had on the shelf for several years, but for some reason just never got started on it. It's "Genius: The Life and Science of Richard Feynman" by James Gleick. Feynman was definitely someone who thought outside the proverbial box. I'm still in the first quarter of the book, but it is a great read if you have any interest on the history of modern physics and the insatiable appetite for understanding the workings of our universe.

Gleick is also the author of "Chaos: Making a New Science" which I hope to get to in the not too distant future.

No comments: